A COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
An advocacy group established in 1975 in Washington, D.C., the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is the nation’s largest organization for journalists of color.
We provide our members with career development, educational opportunities, and other support worldwide.
Membership is open to anyone wanting to help advance our mission of supporting excellence in journalism and media while enhancing training and advocating for equity in the treatment of and opportunities for Black journalists and communicators.
• Discounted rates at our annual convention, career fair, and regional conferences
• Access to our year-round job and career opportunities portal and databases, visited by hundreds of recruiters with hundreds of listings
• Leadership, mentoring, and networking opportunities
• Access to free webinars, other training, and special resources
• Access to our media institutes, virtual events and summits
• Access to fellowships, grants, scholarships, internships, and more
• Access to industry alerts and advocacy information
• Access to monthly member opportunities and programming notifications
• Access to our member rate for entries into our our annual Salute to Excellence Awards & much more!
APPLY TO JOIN BELOW or CLICK HERE! (You will be directed to our membership portal.)
MEMBERSHIP ALSO INCLUDES:
- Exclusive Portal – Access to our online member portal, which allows you to manage your membership profile, access real-time, exclusive information in the online membership directory, and register for special events. In addition, you are able to track your membership history and purchases and update your personal contact information to receive the latest member news, events, and more.
- Access the Member Directory – Reach out and connect with other NABJ members.
- Member Discounts – Take advantage of a reduced member rate when you register for the NABJ Annual Convention and Career Fair.
- Training – Enhance your professional and personal development year-round through member access to our NABJ Media Institutes, Webinars and Regional Conferences. Expand your network within the journalism industry; gather with your colleagues; and benefit from the expertise of other journalism and media professionals through year-round fellowships and workshops.
- NABJ Career Center – Free for Members – Online job matching service allows members to post resumes and search for jobs listed by participating organizations and companies.
- NABJ Email News Updates – Receive email updates to keep you current on news about NABJ, Black journalists and the industry.
- NABJ Awards – Seek recognition of your work and fellow members via our annual awards: Salute to Excellence, Special Honors, and Hall of Fame.
- Scholarship and Internship Opportunities – Student members can access leadership, training, working, and mentoring opportunities for aspiring Black journalists seeking to improve their skills and gain employment.
- A Six-Month Hardship Membership Extension – Active NABJ members who have lost their jobs due to recent layoffs will be able to extend their membership by six months. This will keep them connected with their peers and continue their discounts on all of NABJ’s educational offerings throughout the year.
- Task Forces and Social Media Groups – Join one of 20 Task Forces targeted to your area of interest or career focus. Gain access to private social media groups hosted by our Task Forces.
- Professional (includes Lifetime, Premium and multi-year options)
- Emerging Professional
- Media-Related Professional
If you have any questions or need immediate assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.