NABJ offers summer internships annually to college students interested in pursuing a career in journalism. Students gain pad hands-on training in reporting, editing, photography, graphic design, video production, and public relations at various U.S. news organizations. Past internship sites include NBCUniversal, ABC, the NABJ National Office, ESPN, NFL and the Ringer.
Students can apply for internships online via NABJ’s website during the fall and spring semesters. Winners are selected and notified of their internship placement sites in the spring.
Students are placed in 10-week internships with small, medium and large newspapers, television and radio stations, digital news services and other platforms across the country. Most journalism employers will not give permanent jobs to graduates who lack prior internship experience thus, it is essential that aspiring journalists obtain internships in journalism.
Internship & Student Fellowship Opportunities for 2021 Include:
Click Titles to Apply
- FOS Fellowship/Internship (Now Closed)
- NABJ-ESPN Stuart Scott Internship-Scholarship (Now Closed)
- NABJ-NBC News Summer Fellowship (Now Closed)
- Narratively Fellowship (Now Closed)
- Insider Inc. Fellowship (Now Closed)
- ABC News Fellowship/Internship (Now Closed)
- The Ringer Internship (Due June 4, 2021)