NABJ awards scholarships annually to deserving high school and college students interested in pursuing journalism careers. Over the last decade, NABJ has awarded more than a half a million dollars to students studying broadcast, print, and online journalism; photography; graphic design; and communications.
NABJ’s scholarships are up to $10,000 each and are named in honor of media companies, corporations, organizations and NABJ’s Founders, past presidents, task forces and regions.
Applications are available online via NABJ’s website and social media every fall and spring.
An NABJ scholarship selection committee selects awardees based on NABJ’s scoring system and adherence to the application guidelines and requirements
- Awardees will be formally recognized in the convention program book and the NABJ website.
- Previous awardees are not eligible to re-apply to any NABJ Scholarships.
- Scholarship awards are disbursed in one payment to the awardee’s school upon proof of enrollment.
- Students may apply for multiple NABJ scholarships. Please check each application for criteria.
- Click the internship title to apply.
The 2022 Scholarship Offerings can be found below. Click image to apply!